Monday, September 03, 2007

Ernakulam visit

I visited ekm yday(sept 2) to see my old rommie...went in the local KSRTC.
M was also there with me and the moment we got into the bus there was an old friend and then our family Doc also entered the bus...he didnt see me till we got out in the same stop.
I was carrying a sweater to return it to my friend but as expected i left it in the bus.The moment we realised it, we took an auto and went to the KSRTC stand but the bus had left, so the bus people will get a sweater for free.
Then my friend came, we started yapping happily and walked a lot till we realised that no restraunt was open...finally got a place in marine drive, had food(all this time we were talking continously) and then we decided to go for a boat ride(its not as if there are much options also)...when we got into the boat, there was no one else...appol we had to wait till the boat was filled(sitting in the boat and talking for and hour and then the ride took another one hour)...now what to do??so we decided to hit the BIGGEST mall in ekm...its called baypride tower and i felt city center is better..this place had just 2 storeys...i agree that it had all the major brands and a barista but don't tell me its the biggest...and the worst thing ever...it has a board which says "the forum"...how dare they insult our tharvadu...so we roamed around, made a big hell had some coffee and returned to the KSRTC stand
my friend was supposed to get down near her college and by the time she was leaving, she started crying in the bus...everytime i leave she cries....its sort of become a ritual now...told her to get a transfer and en-roll for the same course in Trichur and she can visit us anytime but the poor soul is suffering among the narrow- minded mals...i completly understand coz no one can be like me....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this was your single best experience in ernakulam? Not likely. I live in kottayam 65 south of Ernakulam.

did you get to people in and around ernakulam. what type they are. how is the food there. hoorible? more hot?
did you try veg? I am completely veg for that matter. my whole family and most of relatives too. I am no brahmin. we figured why should we eat dead bodies, corps?

leave that. how far you have travelled in kerela. the places visited and stayed. experince gather. Would you share with me. I am a journalist.OK. waiting to hear from you.

vaikom madhu
kingini, chalukunnu, kottayam 686001 kerala, India]

vaikommadhu@gmail.com