Wednesday, November 01, 2006

My Sister's marriage

Finally Im back to blogging.
Day-19/10/2006
Time- 9:30-10.30am(Muhurtham)
Venue- Guruvayoor Temple, Trichur
My work started very early coz my Dad and Mom were both not well...started with guests comming home
The day of the marriage started with me struggling with the sari n makeup...my sister had left for Guruvayoor the night before so that not many people will irritate her.
The worst case scenario- standing on the stage of the auditorium which had no fan in pure kanchipuram sari.i had to do it for 3-4 hrs and there i had lots of work n the worst work was smiling and talking to all the people(people i couldnt even recognise)
before this was the "thali kette" in front of the temple where we the bride and the groom ended up waiting for the bride's parents to show up.(thats where i met my bro-in-law for the first time although i used to chat with him almost everyday and talk to the badaai raja almost every week)
After the marriage the couple came to the Bride's home to meet bride's grandma and from there to his place where i also went with my uncle and his wife.
The next day was the reception which was from the guy's side(1st time i didnt do any running around in that week)
now everything is over and im back to work and so is my sister and my brand new bro (they finished their vanavasam )whom im yet to brand
so i will be back in action with more stories of my wierd life and lifestyle...till then this is S signing off...good night...adios

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

CHOW OR CIAOU

D for Dawn said...

@anon and s - it is ciao

D for Don said...

sorry abt that

Anonymous said...

Short and good description of the days events. He he he wonder when's your sister gonna put up a post on this (if at all) ;-)

Anonymous said...

@rajesh - a pic is worth a thousand words and am sure by now, you have read a million of them....
so.. :P