Friday, May 27, 2011

New Assignment

On May 15, 2011, a batch of 2500 people (approx) completed two years probation in SBI. I am one amongst them...many people also got their assignments for the next 3 years but the people belonging to our circle are yet to get it
But, I got my first assignment...work as BM-Cum-Accountant for 3 days in a branch that has 13 staff. Everyone told me that I can do it and I should look at it as a challenge. I was ready for it, a bit frustrated at my controllers but still ready...
But the challenge came with a single customer...she approached me yesterday...she came in puffing because apparently she had gone to the old premises and she didnt know we had shifted which had happened in February. I was shocked.
Then she told, she wants to operate the locker but couldnt remember the locker number, we managed to find that also...then she told us that there is a possibility that rent was due but not deducted from her account. She was out of town for a long time, she explained
She started talking very fast and I found her very weird and slowly the reason for it came out, she was coming to Bangalore after a very long time, her son had just passed away last year.He was 24 years and had had cancer. She was telling me all these and I was not sure how to respond. I was just shocked when she had told she was just coming out of depression...it really must have been pathetic....I simply didnt know how to face this challenge!!!

No comments: